Chilkoot Lake SRS
- Site: Chilkoot Lake SRS
- Location at Site: 12 Miles North of Haines
|Parking||Boat Docks||Water: Pump X2|
|Route||Pressure Water: Pump X2|
Route: 2-3" Lip up to pad
|C/L to back wall:||
|C/L to side wall:||
This is a beautiful camping area and boat launch on the banks of a torquois, glacial fed lake. It is an older site, so is lacking in accessible features. The picnic tables are 29” high with a 7.5” overhang, and the firerings are 11” high. The front mens restroom is not accessible (but usable) because of the lip on the pad, but the womens is accessible. The middle restroom has the following specifications: 1-2” lip on pad, door 33”, Width 60”, Depth 64”, toilet height 18”, clearance to back 17”, clearance to 19”, grab bars on side and back 34”.
The back restroom has a smooth approach, and same specifications as the middle restroom.
There are two dumpsters here.
It is recommended that an accessible boardwalk nature trail be installed through the woods here-starting from one of the campsite loops, then looping around to exit the woods at the entrance of the campground.
Several campsites here are flat and usable, and could easily be turned into designated, accessible sites.
- Chilkoot Lake SRS Inaccessible Boad Dock
- Chilkoot Lake SRS Potential Boardwalk Trail
- Chilkoot Lake SRS Potential Boardwalk Trail 2
- Chilkoot Lake SRS Potential Boardwalk Trail 3
- Chilkoot Lake SRS Restrooms
- Chilkoot Lake SRS Sign Blurry
- Chilkoot Lake SRS Sign
- Chilkoot Lake SRS
- Chilkoot River
- Chilkoot River 2 (Bridge)
- Chilkoot River 3
- Chilkoot River 4
- Devils Club and Tree
- Haines Show Old Man at Play Sign