- Park: Chugach State Park
- Site: Eklutna Lake Area
Route: See Below
|C/L to back wall:||
|C/L to side wall:||
Road and trail is usable to cabin. Trail is narrow 36” in places. Road is 8’ wide. Trail ties into road in many areas. Road is good for hand cycle wheelchair users. Recommend 8” pneumatic front tire on road due to rocks. Mile 11-picnic area, 2 tables, fire pits, inaccessible toilets. Bridge over Eklutna River leads to serenity falls from cabin.
From cabin to restroom-0-27 at 4.6%, 27-74’ at 6.9%, 74-129’ at 4.2%, 129-179’ at 8.4%.
Non accessible picnic table and fire pit.
Permits for vehicle access may be obtained by contacting CDP HQ. Cabin is near Bashful Mtn-8005’, highest pt. in western Chugach.
At East Fork of Eklutna River bridge a technical trail for backpackers and mountain climbers.
Chief Alex campground; 4 picnic tables, fire pits, restroom not accessible. Chief Alex campground only usable by Eklutna Tribe.
Cabin #1-Public use-reserve and pay through park HQCabin door-38”, 3 lower and 1 upper restroom-5” lip into restroom, door is 32”. W 65, D 65. Toilet Height-18, side 18, rear 18, grab bars 34, side and rear.
Day use near lake-accessible parking not level-access ok. Toilets-door 34”, W-64, D-79, Toilet Height-19, Side 19 and Rear 24, grab bars side and rear are both 34”. Water pump here is usable.
Day use shelter fire stands and 2 picnic tables. Accessible parking to several accessible picnic tables.
Tent site has pressure water, accessible site with access to picnic table.
This is a grand area-campsite situated at toe of Eklutna Lake (turquois blue from being glacier fed), surrounded by some of the highests peaks in this section of Chugach State Park. Good accessible features and vehicular access to Serenity Falls cabin make it a prime spot for wheelchair users.
- Avalanche Slope (Debris)
- Avalanche Slope from Eklutna Lake
- Bashful Mountain in Clouds
- Chief Alex Outhouse
- East Fork Eklutna River (Bashful Mtn.)
- East Fork Eklutna River
- Eklutna Avalanche Debris
- Eklutna Glacier from Road
- Eklutna Glacier Picture
- Eklutna Glacier
- Eklutna Lake (East End)
- Eklutna Lake & Bold Peak In Clouds
- Eklutna Lake Cliffs
- Eklutna Lake Cliffs 2
- Eklutna Lake from Avalanche Slope
- Eklutna Lake from Chief Alex Cabin
- Eklutna Lake from Public Use Cabin #1
- Eklutna Lake from Road
- Eklutna Lake from Road 2
- Eklutna Lake from Road 3
- Eklutna Lake Public Cabin #1 (View of Bold Peak In Clouds)
- Eklutna Lake Public Use Cabin #1
- Eklutna Lake Road (Cliffs)
- Eklutna Lake Scree Slopes
- Eklutna Lake Stream
- Eklutna Public Use Cabin (View from)
- Kanchee Campground
- Lifetime Adventures Hut at Eklutna Lake
- Road Through Avalanche Path
- Serenity Falls (Accessible Trail to Toilet)
- Serenity Falls (Clear View)
- Serenity Falls (Cliffs)
- Serenity Falls (Inside Cabin)
- Serenity Falls (Slopes and Clouds)
- Serenity Falls (View From Cabin)
- Serenity Falls & Eklutna Glacier
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Bunks & Window)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Bunks)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Deck)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Deck 2)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Door Access)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Inside)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (View Out Window)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (View Up Cliff)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Whole Thing)
- Serenity Falls Cabin (Whole Thing 2)
- Serenity Falls Toilet
- Serenity Falls Toilet 2
- Serenity Falls Toilet (Entirety)
- Serenity Falls
- View Up Avalanche Path W/ Surviving Trees