Information Technology Support (DOA-IT)
DOA-IT provides overall planning, configuration and troubleshooting services for file and print services including client software, desktop, server, network and Wan services.
These services are provided to divisions, agencies, and business units within the Department of Administration.
How to get help
Outages / Immediate Help
If you have an outage or need immediate help, call either cell phone listed below:
- Anchorage - Cell Phone (24 HRS):
- Juneau - Cell Phone (24 HRS): (907) 465-2099
Discussions / Questions / Training
Please email or call any DOA-IT staff member.
Website Maintenance & Development
Please email the DOA-IT Internet Specialist for questions or requests regarding DOA websites; if relevant, include the specific web page address in your email.
- Provide supplies & change paper and toner
- Use standard office products
- Manage print queues & print jobs
- Create and maintain software macros
- Manage & Archive E-mail
- Report & backvector viruses; good practice to prevent virus propagation
- Logical security - IE. follow recommended password practices
- Identify jobs, problem reports & create service requests
- Training of users
- Planning & Needs assessment
- Request services with ample lead time
- Available for problem determination & requirementsdefinition
- Backup of all local drives (PC)
- Switch backup tapes on local server
- Procurement, funding, inventory, licenses & maintenance agreements & records of hardware and software. IE. desktops, servers, printers, software and WAN/LAN connectivity equipment
- Large moves of computer equipment
- Physical security of core network equipment
- Application development, enhancements, maintenance/project management
- Application delivery on nonstandard platforms