State of Alaska, Department of Administration, Division of General Services

State of Alaska >  Departments >  Administration >  General Services >  Property >  Request for Excess Property

Jonathon Harshfield
State Property Manager

Request for Excess Property

Departments should notify the Property Management Office of their need for excess property. If the appropriate excess property is not available immediately through the Property Management Office, a broadcast will be sent to all Department Property Officers in an attempt to locate excess property that will meet a department’s property needs. If this is unsuccessful, the excess property request will be added to the "Department Want List", which is sent to all Department Property Officers on a monthly basis.

If excess property that meets a department's needs becomes available through an excess property broadcast or in response to the "Department Want List" broadcast, the department releasing the excess property for reutilization will follow the steps identified in the State Property Control Manual under Section 3-3, entitled "Inter-Departmental Transfers".

Requests for excess property should be forwarded to the State Property Manager and include the following information:

  • Name of department/division requesting excess property
  • Name, phone number, and e-mail address of individual(s) that will be accepting the excess property
  • Description/quantity of excess property desired
  • Deadline for receiving excess property (if applicable)

Note: Departments will be notified on a first-come, first-served basis when excess property becomes available for transfer.

Departments looking for excess property can also visit the Anchorage surplus property warehouse.

Shared Services of Alaska
Anchorage Surplus Property Warehouse
2400 Viking Drive
Anchorage, AK 99501

Requests for buildings and mobile units should be submitted in writing to the Leasing and Facilities section, Department of Administration.