State of Alaska

Department of Administration

Division Of Motor Vehicles

Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Reinstate your Driving Privileges                                             


How to Reinstate your Driving Privileges after a
Cancellation due to Problems in Another State

When you lose your privilege to drive in Alaska because your license or privilege to drive is suspended, revoked or canceled in another state, the state cancels your license or privilege to drive.  Your driving record will show that the state has taken some kind of action against your license. 

To get your license back following a cancellation of your driving privileges, you need to contact the Cancellation Desk at Anchorage Driver Services (907) 269-3770 when your out of state record is clear.  Your electronic record must be clear in the other state before you are eligible to obtain a license in Alaska. Click HERE for information on how to contact another state. If you need further assistance, the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles may be able to help you.  Sometimes, you need to take care of other problems before you are able to get your license back. When there are other problems with your license, a Division of Motor Vehicles employee will tell you what you need to do so that you can get your license back.

If you have any other questions you can call, write or visit a Division of Motor Vehicles office.

State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
1300 West Benson Boulevard STE 100
Anchorage, AK  99503-3689

(907) 269-3770