State of Alaska

Department of Administration

Division Of Motor Vehicles

Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Reinstate After Points Suspension                                             


Reinstate After Points Suspension

When you lose your privilege to drive in Alaska for accumulation of points, the state suspends your license or privilege to drive. Your driving record will show that the state has taken some kind of action against your license. When you take the steps needed to get your license back, you are reinstating your driver's license or privilege to drive in Alaska.

In order to receive a reduction in points, please CLICK HERE for approved defensive driving courses.

To get your license back following the loss of your driving privileges, you need to apply for a new license at a Division of Motor Vehicles office and meet the following requirements.

  1. Pass the written and vision tests. You may need a road test as well.
  2. Pay the reinstatement and license fees.
  3. Submit written proof of SR-22 insurance.
  4. Present proof of birth and identity. See original license requirement for acceptable documents.
  5. A notarized Parent Consent form if you are under 18.
    (Required when your parent or guardian will not be accompanying you to the DMV)
  6. Sometimes, you need to take care of other problems before you are able to get your license back. When there are other problems with your license, a Division of Motor Vehicles employee will tell you what you need to do so that you can get your license back.If you have any other questions you can call, write or visit a Division of Motor Vehicles office.

    State of Alaska
    Division of Motor Vehicles
    1300 West Benson Boulevard STE 100
    Anchorage AK  99503-3689

    (907) 269-3770