State of Alaska

Department of Administration

Division Of Motor Vehicles

Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Fire Fighter / EMS Plates Page                                             


Fire Fighter / EMS Plates

Fire Fighter / EMS license plates are available for use on motor vehicles.  In order to be eligible for these plates, you must be an active duty or former or volunteer Fire Fighter or EMS Provider. 

The vehicle must be currently registered in the State of Alaska. There is a fee of $30.00 for each set of plates.  If the plates are lost, damaged or stolen, there is a fee of $30.00 to replace the plates.

To obtain the plates, you will need to complete an Application for Fire Fighter / EMS License Plates - (Form 803C) and pay the $30.00 plate fee.   To obtain the first set of plates, the Affidavit portion of the form must be completed in full and signed.

You may apply for a personalized plate or a standard number, provided the plate has not already been issued.  If you already have a personalized plate, you may request the same plate for the same vehicle and select "New Design" on the application.  You may purchase plates for all vehicles registered in your name. The vehicle must be currently registered in the State of Alaska.  In lieu of the signed Affidavit, you must provide the plate number of your Fire Fighter / EMS plate that has been previously issued in your name.

The following items will be required to transfer Fire Fighter / EMS Plates if you sell your vehicle displaying the plates:

  • Vehicle Transaction Application;
  • Application for Fire Fighter / EMS License Plates (Form 803C);
  • Copy of the current registration for the vehicle the plates are being transferred to;
  • Copy of the last registration showing the Fire Fighter / EMS Plate to be transferred.  (Requested but not required.)
  • Transfer fee of $5.00.

NOTE:  The name active duty or former Fire Fighter or EMS Provider of the individual MUST be shown as an owner on the current registration that the plates are being transferred to.

You may apply for the plates at any DMV Office or mail your application to the address below. The plates are individually made when requested; therefore, please allow time for processing.


State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
1300 West Benson Boulevard, Suite 200
Anchorage AK 99503-3600