Farm Vehicle Plates
If you live on a ranch, farm or dairy, and derive your main source of income from that. Your vehicle may qualify as a farm vehicle and be eligible for farm plates.
The registration fee for a farm vehicle is $68.00 and is valid for two years, regardless of the body style or weight of the vehicle.
- You must live on a ranch, farm or dairy
- Your main source of income must be from a ranch, farm or dairy
- The unladen vehicle weighs 20,000 lbs. or less
- The vehicle is used only for:
- Transporting farm products to or from market
- Transporting supplies, commodities, or equipment to be used on farm
Please note: If a vehicle weighs 20,001 lbs. or more, the vehicle must be registered as a commercial vehicle and does not qualify for farm plates.
Please note: If the vehicle meets the requirements for heavy vehicle use tax, they are not exempt from this requirement because of the farm plates.
How do I apply for Farm plates?
Make a statement in the affidavit section of the Title & Registration Application (Form 821)