Changes to Registration or Title
The following items on a registration may be changed at the time of renewal or by completing a Vehicle Transaction Application (Form 821) with a request for a duplicate registration. There is a $2.00 fee for changes that are made other than in conjunction with a renewal.
- Address Change (A new registration is not required with a change of address. The new address can be written on your current registration.)
- Change of use type from commercial to non-commerical or from non-commercial to commercial. (All vehicles in a business name and trucks over 10,000 pounds are automatically classed as commercial vehicles.)
- License Plate
- Weight (May require additional documents. Please contact DMV for further information.)
The original title and an Application for Title and Registration (Form 812) must be submitted in order to make the following changes to a vehicle title:
- Name (Add, delete or change due to marriage or divorce)
- Conjunction (Changing from "AND" to "OR" or from "OR" to "AND")
In addition to the Application for Title and Registration and the original title, proof of the change is required for all of the following changes on a title. Please contact DMV for additional information.
- Serial Number/VINYearMakeModelBodyStyle
- Odometer (Once an odometer reads "UNKNOWN", it cannot be changed.)