Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Vehicle Registration >  Registration Renewal - Military Stationed Outside Alaska

Registration Renewal - Military Stationed Outside Alaska

If you are active duty military stationed outside of Alaska on military orders and maintain your Alaska residency, you may renew your vehicle registration in Alaska and use your mailing and residence address where you are stationed.

You must provide your LES and possess a valid Alaska driver’s license. If you obtain a license in another state, you must register your vehicle in the state where the vehicle will be driven.

If you have purchased a vehicle and need to transfer the title to your name, or register in Alaska for the first time, please visit Active Duty Military - Title Procedures

Please note: If your registration is expired or due to expire within 30 days, please email us for assistance. Please provide your current mailing and residence address, along with the license plate number of the vehicle you wish to renew.

Please note: You are not required to provide the State of Alaska with proof of emissions testing while living outside of Alaska; however, you will need to check with the state you are living in to assure you are in compliance with their laws.

For options on renewing your registration, please see Renew Vehicle Registration