State of Alaska

Department of Administration

Division Of Motor Vehicles

Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Duplicate Vehicle Title for Military Stationed Outside Alaska                                             


Duplicate Vehicle Title for Military Stationed Outside Alaska

The lienholder or the vehicle owner of record, when there is no lienholder, may apply for a duplicate title if the original has been lost, stolen, destroyed, mutilated or becomes unreadable.If a title to a vehicle is lost, stolen or destroyed, the owner may not sell the vehicle without  obtaining a duplicate title in their name and then releasing the duplicate title to the buyer. To apply for a duplicate title, the following items are required:

This procedure applies only to titles which have been issued by Alaska. If a person has lost an out-of-state title, they will have to apply to the issuing state to obtain a duplicate title. Additionally, this procedure does not apply to a title that is not readily accessible, i.e. locked in a safe deposit box or stored or shipped in household goods. If a person has the title or knows the whereabouts of the title, they should not execute an Affidavit of Lost, Stolen or Destroyed Title.

State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
1300 W Benson Boulevard STE 200
Anchorage AK  99503-3600