IT Support (DOA-IT)
To request routine service, please sign in to: doa.alaska.gov/helpdesk
Only DOA employees may submit help requests
Sign in with your email username and password
Only available within the state network
Step-by-Step guide: Submit a Request for Service (docx)
What we do
We provide overall planning, configuration and troubleshooting services for file and print services including client software, desktop, server, network and WAN services.
These services are provided to divisions, agencies, and business units within the Department of Administration.
Please see the following documents for more information:
Tips & Training
As a courtesy, we host guides for commonly used software, such as Microsoft Office.
For additional needs, please email DOA-IT staff:
Anchorage - firstname.lastname@example.org
Juneau - email@example.com
Website Maintenance & Development
Our team also has one Internet Specialist II to manage website efforts across the Department and assist divisions that lack staffing to maintain their websites.
Please email the DOA-IT Internet Specialist for questions or requests regarding DOA websites; if relevant, include the specific web page address in your email.
For more information about department websites, please see the DOA Webmasters Group on the state's internal wiki.
After Hours Emergency
If you have an outage or need immediate help, call either cell phone listed below:
- Anchorage - Cell Phone (24 HRS): (907) 269-2099
- Juneau - Cell Phone (24 HRS): (907) 465-2099
- Provide supplies & change paper and toner
- Use standard office products
- Manage print queues & print jobs
- Create and maintain software macros
- Manage & Archive E-mail
- Report & backvector viruses; good practice to prevent virus propagation
- Logical security - IE. follow recommended password practices
- Identify jobs, problem reports & create service requests
- Training of users
- Planning & Needs assessment
- Request services with ample lead time
- Available for problem determination & requirements definition
- Backup of all local drives (PC)
- Switch backup tapes on local server
- Procurement, funding, inventory, licenses & maintenance agreements & records of hardware and software. IE. desktops, servers, printers, software and WAN/LAN connectivity equipment
- Large moves of computer equipment
- Physical security of core network equipment
- Application development, enhancements, maintenance/project management
- Application delivery on nonstandard platforms