IRIS Project Phases
The IRIS Project is divided into phases that help organize all of the work that needs to occur prior to go live. The five phase approach was used for implementing the Financial/Procurement portion of IRIS, which went live on July 6, 2015 and is currently being used to organize tasks for the Human Resource Management (HRM) portion, which went live in January of 2017.
- Enterprise Readiness involved documenting current processes to gain an understanding of how work is done today.
- Next, the IRIS Project moved into Envision, which takes the information from Enterprise Readiness and develops a plan for how work will be done in the future and how we move from today to that future.
- The Build phase, as the name implies, involves actually building or configuring the system, based on the designs developed in the Envision phase.
- The Achieve phase which includes all of the final preparations (including training of end users) that need to occur in order for IRIS to successfully be implemented.
- Now live, the IRIS Human Resource Management (HRM) portion of the project is currently in the Stabilization & Optimization phase. During this final phase the actual implementation of the new system occurs as well as monitoring of both the system and users to ensure adoption of the new system is successful.
- IRIS Financial/Procurement is now in full operational status.