Three-Dimensional Interview: 3DIN
Course prerequisite is one of the following courses: "Academy For Supervisors" or "Workplace Alaska for Hiring Managers."
The Three-Dimensional Interview (3DIN) course is designed to teach participants concepts, knowledge and skills necessary to conduct a structured interview using behavior based interviewing techniques. The course focuses on hiring the job candidate who is the best fit in terms of capability (job skills and knowledge), commitment (motivation and attitude) and chemistry (alignment of values and work styles).
This is a one-day class from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this "The Three-Dimensional Interview" course, you will:
- Be able to identify three key types of interview questions--behavior based, situational and self-evaluation--and know when to use them.
- Be able to create appropriate and legal questions based on the specific job requirements and the "three-dimensional candidate profile."
- Be able to conduct a consistent, structured interview that effectively evaluates for capability, commitment and chemistry.
- Understand the need to provide candidates with an accurate picture of the job and organizational culture.
- Be able to evaluate candidates fairly and objectively.