Interpersonal Skills: INSK
This one-day course is is designed to teach participants basic concepts and skills associated with Assertive and Empowered Communication, Interpersonal Feedback and Emotional Intelligence. Effective Communication skills are essential for building and maintaining Interpersonal Effectiveness.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this one-day course, you will:
- have knowledge of the concepts and behaviors associated with the skill of Assertive Communication.
- have knowledge of how and why the Victim Attitude blocks Empowered Communication and precludes Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- have knowledge of the characteristics of an Empowered Attitude and how an Empowered Attitude influences choosing Assertive Communication Skills.
- have knowledge of the five key competencies of Emotional Intelligence and the attitudinal and behavioral characteristics of an emotionally intelligent employee.
- by participating in an application exercise, demonstrate literacy level proficiency* in using the Emotionally Intelligent competencies with a strong focus on Listening with Empathy and Assertive Communication behavior based on an Empowered Attitude.