Leadership Excellence: LEAD
This two-day course is designed for all State employees. It is primarily relevant to anyone in a management or leadership role while also being applicable to any employee who wants to develop their leadership skills.
This course will challenge you, challenge the behaviors you use as a leader, challenge the way you lead your teams and demonstrate your personal leadership. You will learn to develop skills to become a leader that inspires people to achieve extraordinary results. This course focuses solely on exemplary leadership skills and how to apply these skills in your workplace. We challenge you to attend.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this two-day course, you will:
- identify your leadership strengths and areas for improvement
- clarify and communicate your fundamental values and beliefs
- set the example for others by aligning your actions with shared values
- inspire others to share a common vision
- have knowledge and understand the concepts and skills of “The Five Practices and Ten Commandments of Exemplary Leadership” developed by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner
- be better prepared to inspire, demonstrate, build, strengthen and encourage your team members to achieve extraordinary results
- have knowledge to be a much more dynamic leader