Donating leave is the act of giving leave that you (donor) have accrued to another State employee (donee) who needs it for sick/medical leave reasons. Usually leave is donated for medical reasons when an employee is absent from work for an extended period of time. For additional information on donated leave refer to the Alaska Administrative Manual (AAM) 280.260 – 280.280 and applicable bargaining unit contracts.
Please note that requests to receive leave donations must be made with the employee's union.
- Leave Donations should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in the pay period in which you desire for it to be applied.
- Employees in the Alaska Correctional Officers Association (ACOA), the Alaska Vocational Technical Center Teacher’s Association (AVTECTA), and the Teacher’s Education Association of Mt. Edgecumbe (TEAME) should submit leave donations to their respective union.
- Employees in the Alaska Court System, Governor’s Office, Legislative Affairs and Legislative Audit departments should submit leave donations to their respective payroll contact within their department.
- Donated leave is intended to keep an employee in pay status when they exhaust all personal, annual/sick, and banked medical leave and is only used for medical leave purposes.
- For donated leave the leave slip must be signed and dated by the donor, but does not need supervisory approval or signature.
- Donations of leave may be donated in increments of four (4) or more hours and must be rounded to the nearest one-half hour. The following bargaining units allow minimum donations of two (2) hours; APEA (SU), ASEA (GGU), CEA, and LTC.
- Donated leave is considered confidential and therefore the names of those that donate leave to an employee will not be provided to them.
Donated Leave Slip Form Field Explanations
Required fields are shown in red with an asterisk*.
- 1 Employee Name*
- Print Employee’s Name (legal name) who is donating leave to another employee.
- 2 BU* (Bargaining Unit)
- Use the code for your specific Bargaining Unit.
Code Bargaining Unit GC Alaska Correctional Officers Association / Correctional Officers Unit SS Alaska Public Employees Association / Supervisory Unit GG/GP Alaska State Employees Association / General Government Unit TA Alaska Vocational Technical Center Teacher’s Unit KK Confidential Employees Association MM Inlandboatmen’s Union of Pacific Alaska Region CC International Organization of Masters, Mates, and Pilots LL Labor, Trades and Crafts Unit BB Marine Engineers Beneficial Association AA Public Safety Employees Association TM Teacher’s Education Association of Mt. Edgecumbe EX Exempt PX Partially Exempt
- 3 Dept No* (Department Number)
- List the number code for your department.
Code Department 02 Administration 03 Law 04 Revenue 05 Education & Early Development 06 Health & Social Services 07 Labor & Workforce Development 08 Commerce, Community, and Economic Development 09 Military & Veterans Affairs 10 Natural Resources 11 Fish & Game 12 Public Safety 18 Environmental Conservation 20 Corrections 25 Transportation and Public Facilities
- 4 Employee I.D. Number*
- List your six digit Employee I.D. number.
- 5 Total Time (HH:MM)*
- Enter the TOTAL time for leave in HH:MM.
- 6 Explanation
- This area can be used to provide additional information concerning your leave donation.
- 7 Leave Donated To*
- List the donee, along with their Employee ID number (if known).
Note: The Explanation field can be used if additiona space is needed.
- 8 Employee Signature*
- Sign and date the leave slip to approve the donation of your leave.
Sample Donated Leave Slip
Employee's current leave balances are available through the Employee Self Service.
The Employee Call Center can assist with any additional questions that you may have. You may contact the Employee Call Center at 465-3009 or EmployeeCallCenter@alaska.gov.
NOTE: Alaska Marine Highway Vessel employees should contact their Payroll Services contact with additional questions at 465-3032.