Qualified Status Change
A Qualified Status Change is a change in your family or employment status which allows you to make changes to your coverage. See Section 1.7(b), Change in Status or Other Applicable Event, of the Select Benefits Insurance Book for a listing of qualifying status changes and other applicable events.
How to Make Changes to your Coverage
- Make sure you have your RIN (Retirement ID Number).
- Login to the Insurance Enrollment system
- Select from the drop-down list the appropriate reason for changing your current benefit elections, enter the date of the Qualified Status Change, and click on Change Your Elections
- The system will display your current benefits and allow them to be changed, automatically calculating the new Benefit Credit and premiums when you click Preview
- Once satisfied with your elections, print a copy for your records and then click Submit
- A page confirming receipt of your enrollment will be displayed; print a copy for your records as no additional confirmation will be provided
If you have questions about your benefits or Qualified Status Changes, contact the Benefits Section toll-free at 800-821-2251, in Juneau at (907) 465-4460 or by email.