Qualified Status Change
Qualified Status Change = a change in your family or employment status which allows you to make changes to your coverages.
If you have a qualified status change during the year, you can make changes to your coverages (subject to the dental and vision restrictions). Changes must be made within 30 days of the event. Examples of qualified status changes include the following:
- You gain or lose a dependent, through birth or adoption, marriage, divorce, or death.
- Your dependent is no longer eligible.
- Your spouse terminates employment, begins an extended period of leave or layoff without pay, or begins new employment.
- Your spouse or you change employment status from full-time to part-time or from part-time to full-time.
- Your spouse has a significant change in his or her health coverage caused by their employment.
You may also change benefits if you move from an AlaskaCare participating group to a non-participating group.
How to Make Changes to your Coverage
- Make sure you have your RIN (Retirement ID Number).
- Login to the Insurance Enrollment system
- Select from the drop-down list the appropriate reason for changing your current benefit elections, enter the date of the Qualified Status Change, and click on Change Your Elections
- The system will display your current benefits and allow them to be changed, automatically calculating the new Benefit Credit and premiums when you click Preview
- Once satisfied with your elections, print a copy for your records and then click Submit
- A page confirming receipt of your enrollment will be displayed; print a copy for your records as no additional confirmation will be provided
If you have questions about your benefits or Qualified Status Changes, contact the Benefits Section toll-free at 800-821-2251, in Juneau at (907) 465-4460 or by email.