Weight Watchers At Work
Effective immediately, your AlaskaCare plan will no longer cover the full cost of the Weight Watchers at Work program. AlaskaCare members who meet the participation requirements are eligible to participate in the 18-week series at a reduced rate of 50% of the program cost. Meeting locations will remain open throughout the course of the series even if attendance drops.
When your Weight Watchers at Work meeting series wraps up, ensure your continued eligibility under the program by completing the following requirements:
- Submit your signed Attendance Certification to Steve Ramos via email or via fax at (907) 465-3086.
- Completed and signed certificates are due within one week after the end of the session if you wish to continue participation.
AlaskaCare members must attend 15 out of the 18 meetings to be eligible for the rate reduction. If this requirement is not met, the member is no longer eligible to participate at the reduced rate.
AlaskaCare ID card required for registration.
- Participation requirements
- Minimum registration requirement: 15 participants per location – be sure to let your site contact know that you will be registering
- First meeting date: once the 15 participant requirement is met, your Weight Watchers at Work leader will provide this information
Participants may register for the new series at an Open House or at the first meeting of the new series. Open House dates and times are listed under each location below.
The following requirements must be met for AlaskaCare members to participate with a rate reduction:
- Be eligible for the AlaskaCare Employee Health Plan
- Attend at least 15 meetings in the 18-week series
- Attend State of Alaska Weight Watchers At Work meetings
- Pay your portion of the program cost directly to Weight Watchers
Note that for every week you delay registering it will count as a missed meeting for the participation requirements.
- Office of Children's Services
- 323 E 4th Avenue
- Thursdays, 11:45 a.m.
- Contact: Teresa Narvaez
- Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- 333 W 7th Avenue
- Wednesdays, 11:45 a.m.
- Contact: Tracie Paladijczuk
- Contact: Deborah Morgan
- Snowden Building
- 820 W 4th Avenue
- Training Room
- Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m.
- Contact: Judy Francis-Woods
- Wednesday, July 20, 11:30 a.m.
- Snowden Building 820 W. 4th Avenue, Training Room
- Wednesday, July 20, 5 p.m.
- AOGCC 333 W. 7th Avenue, Hearing Room
- Thursday, July 28, 11:45 a.m.
- Office of Children's Services, 323 E 4th Ave
- 510 Second Avenue
- Suite 300
- Wednesdays, 5 p.m.
- Contact: Sara Simpson
- Wednesday, July 27, 5 p.m.
- Office of Children's Services, 510 Second Ave, Suite 300
- Wednesday, September 21, 12 p.m.
- Goldbelt Plaza 801 W. 10th St. 1st Floor Conference Room
- Wednesday, September 28, 12 p.m.
- State Office Building, 6th Floor Conference Room