Specialty Pharmacy Services
- Specialty Pharmacy Care
- Our Specialty Team
- Why Specialty Pharmacy Care
- What to Expect
- Added Specialty Services
- Get started – Contact
- Specialty Drug List [PDF 66K]
- How can I save time and money on specialty medications?
- Download Specialty Pharmacy Brochure [PDF 267K]
How Can I Save Time and Money on Specialty Medications?
If you take a specialty drug, AlaskaCare has a program that can save time and money while giving you the extra attention needed when taking these medications.
What is a specialty drug? These are drugs that are often administered by the patient or by their doctor (many are injected), require close monitoring, and have a high monthly cost. Some common specialty medications and the condition they are prescribed to treat are:
- Copaxone – Multiple Sclerosis
- Avonex – Multiple Sclerosis
- Gleevec – Cancer
- Enbrel (Sureclick) – Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Revlimid – Cancer
How can I get more assistance with the specialty drugs that I need? Costco mail order offers a program to deliver these medications directly to you at a significantly lower cost and offers you support from a patient care coordinator. The coordinator makes sure you get your refills in a timely fashion, and follows up with you and your doctor as needed to ensure you have the right medication on time, every time.
Some newly available generic drugs include Aricept, Cozaar/Hyzaar, Effexor XR, Flomax and Zyprexa. View complete list [PDF 34K]
Specialty Pharmacy Care
Costco Specialty Services provides unique, customized pharmacy services. We understand that the administration of specialty drugs requires patient-specific dosing and careful clinical management. Our team works to ensure that patient compliance, support and education are available for successful therapy. We pledge to achieve 100% satisfaction for our specialty patients. Working together with medical professionals, we deliver the expertise you want and the superior customer service you deserve.
Our Specialty Team
Our dedicated specialty team of pharmacists, nurses, specialty technicians and patient care coordinators are available to address your therapy and medication support needs. Our specialty team works in cooperation with your healthcare specialists to coordinate your care for an optimal outcome. We are dedicated to supporting you through education, compassionate counseling and an unmatched level of service
Patient Care Coordinators
We assign to you one trained and experienced Patient Care Coordinator to initiate and coordinate your services to ensure one-call assistance throughout your course of therapy.
Why Specialty Pharmacy Care
Convenient, discreet and free next-day or second-day delivery
Not only do we stock the most recent and hard-to-find medications, we respond rapidly with one-on-one telephone or in-home assistance with medication counseling or injection training.
Free necessary medication supplies
We provide a care kit with all specialty prescription orders. Our kits include comprehensive educational materials and the necessary medication supplies to help you meet your daily challenges and benefit the most from your therapy.
What to Expect
If you are a participant of Costco Specialty Services you can expect:
- An initial call from a Patient Care Coordinator to get you started on the program
- Free delivery of your medication to your home or physician’s office
- Verified prescription renewal on medications (We will call your physician to get a new prescription when your refill runs out)
- Monthly follow-up from a Patient Care Coordinator (when appropriate)
- Your Patient Care Coordinator will follow up with your physician with applicable concerns and changes
Added Specialty Services
Proactive renewal on all medications
A member of our specialty team will contact you and/or your physician to help make arrangements for your next prescription refill.
Contact Costco Specialty Services to Get Started
- (866) 443-0060
- Monday – Friday: 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Alaska Time)
- Saturday: 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Alaska Time)
On-call, after-hours service is available by calling our toll-free number.
- Costco Specialty Services
- 215 Deininger Circle, Suite A
- Corona, CA 92880
- Fax: (866) 443-0066
This article taken from the HealthMatters Newsletter September 2011 issue