- One-year complimentary AARP membership
- Free provider locator app for iPhone or iPad
- Mobile Applications for iPeople and Droids
June Webinar: Cultural Competence
Magellan is offering a live interactive webinar on Wednesday, June 12 focusing on cultural competence. This webinar is available at no cost through your Magellan program and will discuss:
- Getting off automatic – process of intervening on assumptions and moving forward
- Culture lens – how do you see the world
- Cultural hot buttons – know your triggers
- Ouch and educate – two step process for stopping discussions and clarifying
- Date: Wednesday, June 12
- Time: 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Alaskan Time
- Register for this webinar
You also can register for this and other upcoming webinars at:
Register with your program’s toll-free number: (800) 478-2812
One-year AARP membership at no cost to you
We are committed to offering you benefits that promote health, wellness and financial security. Now – we are pleased to offer you a special offer – a one-year AARP membership at no cost through the Magellan Employee Assistance Program.
AARP is the nation's leading organization for people age 50 and older. AARP membership gives you access to a wealth of valuable benefits designed to help you live your best life. It includes:
- Trusted information and resources like AARP The Magazine.
- Everyday discounts on travel, hearing, entertainment, vision care, dining, and more
- Tools to help with everything from finances to healthy living
- Volunteer opportunities in your community
Already an AARP member? Registration extends your membership for an additional year.
Not 50 years old yet? AARP’s sign-up page allows you to pass-along a one-year membership to someone you know aged 50+.
We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity. There is no cost to you, and no obligation to continue your membership once your complimentary year of membership expires.
To get started, log on to www.MagellanHealth.com/member and access the AARP link on the Welcome Page.
Additional resources available from AARP
- 10 Steps to Get You Ready for Retirement
- Once you determine what will give you peace of mind in retirement, it's important to know how you can get there financially. We'll help you get started with some simple (and fun) steps… read more
Free Provider Locator App
Magellan members can quickly and easily locate behavioral health providers by downloading Magellan’s free “My Provider Locator” App to their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Through an innovative new web-enabled application, Magellan has made it possible for members to find a behavioral health or EAP provider through their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. The My Provider Locator app provides real-time access to the same information that can be found on Magellan’s online provider database, but now is conveniently formatted for portable devices.
My Provider Locator gives users the option of narrowing the provider search criteria among several categories, including location, specialty, ages treated, ethnicity, language spoken and gender. When the GPS is enabled, users can identify providers closest to their current location.
My Provider Locator will be helpful for a variety of situations—from the person simply needing to make a quick appointment to someone needing assistance in the midst of a behavioral health crisis.
An innovation in the industry, Magellan’s My Provider Locator app is now available as a free download from the Apple App Store. As always, members can continue to access their behavioral health services and find provider information through your program’s toll-free number, (800) 478-2812, or online at www.MagellanHealth.com/member.
More Mobile Apps for any device
- Tactical Breather
- Anxiety Forum Help and Support
- Autism Tracker Pro
- Health and Nutrition
- WebMD Pain Coach
- Pedometer Ulitmate GPS +
- Lose It!
- Mood Tracking/Stress
- T2 Mood Tracker
- PTSD Coach
- Relax Completely