These webinars are designed to educate and motivate you to make healthy lifestyle changes. Presenters are experts on each topic and will provide you with tips and tools to help improve your overall well-being and embrace a healthier lifestyle. Best of all, the webinar format allows you to tune in from your computer, tablet or mobile device. Each webinar will last 30 minutes to an hour and will include a brief question and answer session.
AlaskaCare Live Webinar Schedule (pdf)
WebEx Webinar Access
Call-in Toll-free number: 1-877-658-8148 (US)
Conference Code: 424 058 2428
- June 16, 2015, 10 a.m. "What is Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)"
- About 4 in 10 adults use a CAM therapy, with the most commonly used treatments being natural products and deep breathing exercises. CAM is often used with or in place of standard medical care. This presentation will provide an overview of CAM, types of CAM and the importance of discussing CAM practices with your health care provider.
- August 18, 2015, 10 a.m. "Immunization Topic"
- Vaccines are the best defense we have against serious, preventable, and sometimes deadly contagious diseases. This presentation will provide an overview of immunizations, including the benefits as to why immunize and discuss how vaccines prevent disease.
- October 20, 2015, 10 a.m. "Managing Your Numbers"
- Why are your biometric numbers important and how do you reach ideal ranges? We will discuss how to control and manage your weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood sugar.
- December 15, 2015, 10 a.m. "Healthy Holidays"
- This presentation will discuss how you can make it through the holidays – in a healthy way! It can be easy to fall out of routine and engage in unhealthy lifestyle behaviors. Learn how to enjoy the season with your family and friends while maintaining your health.
Active Health Management Webinar Schedule (pdf)
WebEx Webinar Access
Welcome to our 2015 webinar series on healthy living! Each webinar lasts about 45 minutes, and includes a question and answer session. Please register directly on the WebEx website to take part in a webinar. See WebEx site for times.
- Jan 13, "New Year, New You: Making healthy resolutions for 2015"
- Ring in the New Year with some healthy new habits. We'll focus on setting goals, overcoming challenges, and getting fired up. Ready to lose some weight? Eat a little healthier? Manage your stress? You can do it—and we'll show you how.
- March 10, "Don't wait. Get the jump on good health"
- Want to protect yourself against tomorrow's health problems? One way is by getting a simple screening or exam. We'll talk about your risk factors—like age and family history—as well as screenings that are just for men or women. Reduce your risk and start living healthier today.
- May 19, "Huff and puff — and blow away your old exercise routine"
- Tired of the same old exercise routine? Ready for something new? You might want to join us as we discuss various ways to stay fit and have fun. Topics will include aerobic activities, strength training, stretching and new fitness trends. Plus, how to make fitness fun for the whole family.
- July 14, "Boost your brain power as you age"
- As the years pass, your health becomes more important than ever. And how you live can make a difference in how you feel at 50 and beyond. Learn how to improve your memory and boost your brain power! We'll also discuss tips and tools for staying healthy as you age.
- Sept 22, "Hurray for fruits and veggies"
- Did you know that September is National Fruits and Veggies - More Matters Month? Fruits and vegetables are important to good health, but most of us don't eat enough of them. We'll show you fun ways to add them to your diet—plus helpful tips on how to pump up the flavor.
- Nov 17, "Don't get those blood sugar blues"
- November is National Diabetes Month, so how do you avoid getting this common condition? Join us as we discuss common risk factors for diabetes, plus things you can do to prevent or manage it. Hint: Living a healthy lifestyle is your best defense!
Want to watch a webinar again? Just go to MyActiveHealth.com and follow these simple steps: Click "My Action Plan," then "Resources," then "Wellness Center." Every ActiveHealth webinar can be viewed in the Wellness Center.