These webinars are designed to educate and motivate you to make healthy lifestyle changes. Presenters are experts on each topic and will provide you with tips and tools to help improve your overall well-being and embrace a healthier lifestyle. Best of all, the webinar format allows you to tune in from your computer, tablet or mobile device. Each webinar will last 30 minutes to an hour and will include a brief question and answer session.
AlaskaCare Live Webinar Schedule (pdf)
WebEx Webinar Access
Call-in Toll-free number: 1-877-658-8148 (US)
Conference Code: 424 058 2428
- February 3, "Controlling Your Blood Pressure"
- Stress, alcohol, a poor diet, lack of exercise. What really affects blood pressure levels? Learn which lifestyle factors you can control and implement to manage or prevent high blood pressure.
- April 6, "Resilience: Bouncing Back"
- June 8, "Preventative Posture"
- Daily repetitive activities can cause aches and pains in our bodies if we don’t focus on the mechanics of everyday movements. We will explore effective techniques to improve your posture while standing, sitting, and sleeping.
- August 3, "Healthy Mind, Healthy Body"
- We can eat healthy, exercise, be tobacco-free, but still suffer from poor emotional wellness. Learn tips to better cope with stress, deal with anxiety, and improve your overall mental wellness.
- October 5, "Women's Health"
- How do women differ than men when it comes to health? Learn the top female health threats, age-specific preventative screenings, questions to ask your doctor, and much more.
- December 7, "The Gift of Health"
- Learn ways to enjoy the holidays this year, including the food, family, and celebrations, without the annual feelings of guilt and stress.
ActiveHealth Management Webinar Schedule (pdf)
WebEx Webinar Access
Welcome to our 2016 webinar series on healthy living! Each webinar lasts about 45 minutes, and includes a question and answer session. Please register directly on the WebEx website to take part in a webinar. See WebEx site for times.
- January 26, "Go digital. Go healthy."
- Start the New Year right with this exciting digital seminar. We’ll cover the latest apps,trackers and wearables — plus your MyActiveHealth website. Today it’s easier than ever to manage and improve your health the digital way. You can go digital, and we’ll show you how!
- March 15, "Superfoods 101: Understanding the basics"
- Discover the secrets of Superfoods — a type of food that is high in important nutrients. We’ll talk about the health benefits of these foods and how to add more of them to your diet. Eat more Superfoods and watch your health take off!
- May 17, "Secrets to staying active"
- You want to stay active, but life keeps getting in the way. Now you can learn the secrets of staying fit wherever you are, including your desk! We’ll share tips on how to improve your health, live well, and even protect yourself from long-lasting diseases.
- July 19, "The buzz about bones"
- Our bones support us and allow us to move. They protect our brain, heart,and other organs, and store minerals that help to keep them strong. How can you take better care of your bones? You’ll learn everything you need to know in this helpful seminar.
- September 20, "Fall in love with veggies"
- Did you know that most Americans don’t eat enough vegetables? If you’re looking to add some sizzle to your diet, you might want to feature these important foods. We’ll show you fun ways to add more veggies to your meals—plus offer tips on how to pump up the flavor.
- November 15, "It’s a guy thing"
- Men can have health challenges during their lives that women never face. If you’re a guy—or even if you just love one—this seminar is for you. We’ll discuss men’s health and how a man can lower his risk for certain conditions through preventive screenings.
Want to watch a webinar again? Just go to MyActiveHealth.com and follow these simple steps: Click "My Action Plan," then "Resources," then "Wellness Center." Every ActiveHealth webinar can be viewed in the Wellness Center.