These webinars are designed to educate and motivate you to make healthy lifestyle changes. Presenters are experts on each topic and will provide you with tips and tools to help improve your overall well-being and embrace a healthier lifestyle. Best of all, the webinar format allows you to tune in from your computer, tablet or mobile device. Each webinar will last 30 minutes to an hour and will include a brief question and answer session.
AlaskaCare Live Webinar Schedule (pdf)
WebEx Webinar Access
Call-in Toll-free number: 1-877-658-8148 (US)
Conference Code: 424 058 2428
- February 17, 2015, 10 a.m. "Make Over My Heart"
- This presentation will discuss heart disease, symptoms to be aware of and ways to keep your heart healthy.
- April 21, 2015, 10 a.m. "Think Well, Live Healthy"
- Stress isn’t something that just happens to you. It can be brought on by the way you think. The key is looking at your thoughts in a new way — and changing them for the better. This webinar will discuss how to take control of your thoughts and behaviors — and get more out of life!
- June 16, 2015, 10 a.m. "Complementary and Alternative Medicine"
- August 18, 2015, 10 a.m. "Immunization Topic"
- October 20, 2015, 10 a.m. "Managing Your Numbers"
- December 15, 2015, 10 a.m. "Healthy Holidays"
Active Health Management Webinar Schedule (pdf)
WebEx Webinar Access
Welcome to our 2015 webinar series on healthy living! Each webinar lasts about 45 minutes, and includes a question and answer session. Please register directly on the WebEx website to take part in a webinar. See WebEx site for times.
- Jan 13, "New Year, New You: Making healthy resolutions for 2015"
- Ring in the New Year with some healthy new habits. We'll focus on setting goals, overcoming challenges, and getting fired up. Ready to lose some weight? Eat a little healthier? Manage your stress? You can do it—and we'll show you how.
- March 10, "Don't wait. Get the jump on good health"
- Want to protect yourself against tomorrow's health problems? One way is by getting a simple screening or exam. We'll talk about your risk factors—like age and family history—as well as screenings that are just for men or women. Reduce your risk and start living healthier today.
- May 19, "Huff and puff — and blow away your old exercise routine"
- Tired of the same old exercise routine? Ready for something new? You might want to join us as we discuss various ways to stay fit and have fun. Topics will include aerobic activities, strength training, stretching and new fitness trends. Plus, how to make fitness fun for the whole family.
- July 14, "Boost your brain power as you age"
- As the years pass, your health becomes more important than ever. And how you live can make a difference in how you feel at 50 and beyond. Learn how to improve your memory and boost your brain power! We'll also discuss tips and tools for staying healthy as you age.
- Sept 22, "Hurray for fruits and veggies"
- Did you know that September is National Fruits and Veggies - More Matters Month? Fruits and vegetables are important to good health, but most of us don't eat enough of them. We'll show you fun ways to add them to your diet—plus helpful tips on how to pump up the flavor.
- Nov 17, "Don't get those blood sugar blues"
- November is National Diabetes Month, so how do you avoid getting this common condition? Join us as we discuss common risk factors for diabetes, plus things you can do to prevent or manage it. Hint: Living a healthy lifestyle is your best defense!
Want to watch a webinar again? Just go to MyActiveHealth.com and follow these simple steps: Click "My Action Plan," then "Resources," then "Wellness Center." Every ActiveHealth webinar can be viewed in the Wellness Center.