Weight Watchers At Work
The next 18-week Weight Watchers at Work Meeting Series begins January 13, 2014. AlaskaCare members who meet the participation requirements are eligible to participate in the 18-week series at no cost. Meeting locations will remain open throughout the course of the series even if attendance drops.
AlaskaCare ID card required for registration.
- Participation requirements
- Minimum registration requirement: 15 participants per location – be sure to let your site contact know that you will be registering
- First meeting date: once the 15 participant requirement is met, your Weight Watchers at Work leader will provide this information
Open House registration
The week of January 13, 2014 is Open House week. Registration will take place at meeting locations during Open House week and at the first meeting.
First meeting registration
The first meetings begin the week of January 20, 2014. Participants may enroll at the first meeting or during the preceeding Open House week at their meeting location.
Note that for every week you delay registering it will count as a missed meeting for the participation requirements.
The following requirements must be met for AlaskaCare members to participate at no cost:
- Be eligible for the AlaskaCare Employee Health Plan
- Attend at least 15 meetings in the 18-week series
- Attend only State of Alaska Weight Watchers At Work meetings
- Atwood Building (Tuesdays)
- 550 W 7th Avenue
- 11th Floor, Kuparuk Conference Room
- Tuesdays, 12 noon
- Contact: Jonne Slemons
- Brady Building
- 1031 West 4th Avenue
- 5th floor conference room
- Wednesdays, 12:30
- Contact: Rebecca Karstetter
- Division of Seniors & Disabilities Services
- 550 W 8th Avenue Room 201
- Wednesdays, 12:30 p.m.
- Contact: Teresa Clark
- Frontier Building
- 3601 C Street Room 430
- Wednesdays, 12:15 p.m.
- Contact: Deedee Raymond
- Snowden Building
- 820 W 4th Avenue
- Training Room
- Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m.
- Contact: Judy Francis-Woods or Beth Adams
- 751 Old Richardson Highway
- Room 100
- Wednesdays, 5 p.m.
- Contact: Jaylene Day
- State Office Building
- 333 Willoughby Avenue
- 6th floor video conference room
- Tuesdays, noon. Open house: 1/14/14. First meeting: 1/21/14.
- Contact: Kathryn Setzer
- Goldbelt Building
- 801 West 10th Street, Suite B (DOP Payroll Service Center)
- First Floor Conference Room
- Mondays, noon
- Contact: Rachel Atkinson
- Mendenhall Valley
- Vintage business park, 3030 Vintage Boulevard (across from Safeway)
- Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE) Office
- Thursdays, 12:15 p.m.
- Contact: Carol Druyvestein
- Kenai Court House
- 125 Trading Bay Drive, Jury Assembly Room
- Thursdays, noon
- Contact: Jyll Davis
- Palmer Court Building
- 435 S Denali Street
- Thursdays, 4:45 p.m.
- Contact: Karen Lee
- Office of Children’s Services
- 695 East Parks Hwy Unit #3
- Wednesdays, 8 a.m.
- Contact: Gaylyn Towe
Weight Watchers At Work Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Weight Watchers
- Am I an AlaskaCare member?
- I’m an AlaskaCare member, what is my proof of eligibility?
- I am a dependent of an AlaskaCare member; may I still participate in the program?
- I am not an AlaskaCare member; can I still join the Weight Watchers at Work meetings? Am I allowed to participate?
- How can I start a meeting at my location?
- What is required to be a Location Coordinator/Liaison?
- I won’t be able to attend a registration meeting the week of January 13. Can I still join?
- Will I receive a warning notification if I am close to losing my eligibility?
- I lost my eligibility last time, can I still join?
- What is the attendance policy? What happens if I miss more than the allowed missed meetings?
- Can I go to other Weight Watchers meetings?
- Are there discounts for Weight Watchers products?
- I’m a monthly pass member. Can I attend these meetings?
- I’m not an AlaskaCare member – how much will Weight Watchers At Work cost me?
- If a Weight Watchers meeting falls on a holiday, will that count as an absence?
- Can members who have reached Lifetime status continue to attend the Weight Watchers at Work meetings?
(855) 446-4786 or email@example.com.
At registration please provide the Weight Watchers at Work leader your health insurance card. If you do not provide your card you will be registered as a self-pay member and will not be reimbursed.
Yes, qualified dependents are eligible for cost-covered participation, however you must attend State of Alaska Weight Watchers at Work meetings in order to meet the participation requirements. Attendance of other Weight Watchers meetings does not meet eligibility requirements.
Yes, any State of Alaska employee is welcome to join the Weight Watchers at Work meetings, however only AlaskaCare members are eligible to participate at no cost. Please see question #15, "...how much will Weight Watchers At Work cost me?" for more details.
Someone from the location must volunteer to serve as a location coordinator/liaison with Weight Watchers. Locations must have 15 people committed to joining the meetings. Participants do not need to be AlaskaCare members to join. Please contact Jennifer Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 465-2334 immediately if you believe you have enough interest at your location.
The location coordinator is the point of contact at the meeting site for the Weight Watchers at Work leader. The coordinator is responsible for finding a meeting room, holding some Weight Watchers materials and equipment at the location for the weekly meetings, helping set up the meeting room, and occasionally circulating information about meeting time and location changes.
You are responsible for keeping track of the meetings that you miss. Weight Watchers and AlaskaCare will not be contacting participants with information about their attendance status. At the end of the series, qualifying AlaskaCare members will receive a card indicating they have met the participation requirement. This information will be shared with the Division of Retirement and Benefits.
Once a member has lost eligibility due to lack of participation they will lose their eligibility status indefinitely. This means if a participant does not meet the attendance requirements in the 18-week series and loses eligibility, they will not automatically regain it during the next benefit year. You may still participate in the program, but will be responsible for the full cost of the series at registration.
AlaskaCare members must attend 15 out of the 18 meetings to be eligible for no-cost program participation. If this requirement is not met, the member is no longer eligible to participate at no cost.
There is no attendance requirement for paying participants.
No, this offering is for the At Work program only in your area. View available At Work meeting locations.
At this point there are no additional discounted rates with Weight Watchers. However, Weight Watchers offers "special of the week" discounts for specific items.
The State of Alaska Weight Watchers at Work will only be open to members enrolled in the 18-week series program. If you would like to participate in our meetings and are currently a monthly pass member, you will need to cancel your monthly pass membership and register for the series program at one of our At Work meeting locations.
Members must cancel their own Monthly Pass by calling (866) 204-2885 or visit WeightWatchers.com/MonthlyPassCancellation. If calling, members should mention the request for cancellation is due to their work location opening an At Work series.
Please note: Members will lose access to eTools from the time Weight Watchers cancels the monthly passes until week 1 of the new series, when the leader will provide the series eTools vouchers. Continuing members will be able to retrieve all online history from previous eTools. The leader will provide extra paper weekly trackers for member use during this time.
Any State of Alaska employee is welcome to join the Weight Watchers at Work meetings, however only AlaskaCare members are eligible to participate at no cost.
The cost for the 18-week Weight Watchers at Work series is $186. The Weight Watcher’s location leader will be able to accept money order, cash, check, or credit card at the time of registration. Online registration is no longer available.
Participants may also opt to make three payments of $62. All three payments must be paid by separate checks – all submitted with current date to leader at registration time – to be deposited by WW monthly.
If a Weight Watchers meeting is not held due to a holiday, it will not count towards your participation requirement of attending 15 out of 18 meetings. Meetings not held due to holiday will extend the total length of the program.
Lifetime members are welcome to weigh-in at any meeting of their choosing. To remain in good standing as a Lifetime member you must remain with 2 pounds of your goal weight and weigh-in at least once a month at a meeting of your choice.