AlaskaCare Health Fairs Register Online
AlaskaCare members have an opportunity to receive a variety of blood tests free of charge at the AlaskaCare Health Fairs. These events are open to all AlaskaCare Health Plan members and dependents who are 18 and older. Available services include health education, blood pressure screenings, and measurements for height, weight, waist circumference and BMI.
Flu shots will be offered in Fairbanks, Ketchikan, and Juneau. Flu shots will NOT be available at the Nov. 7–8 Anchorage Health Fairs—but there are FREE drive through Flu Shot Clinics available in Sept. and Oct. at the Alaska Regional Hospital.
In an effort to optimize your health fair experience and reduce the length of the line for Registration and Labs, we are making a couple of changes this year.
- We would like all members to pre-register for the labs for the specific day and location they will be attending. Registration is not limited, but your pre-registering will help us streamline the process for your convenience—options are detailed below. Online registration is available until 5 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the event. Other methods of registration will remain available up to the day prior.
Pre-Registration OptionsRegister Online
We prefer that you register online. If you wish to obtain a flu shot, please indicate so in the Accommodations box in the registration form. You are welcome to bring a guest to the Health Fair; however, only AlaskaCare covered members will be eligible to obtain lab tests or receive a flu shot. You may also download a PDF registration form and submit it through one of the following methods:
- Telephone in and leave a message with your information.
- Fax to Alaska Regional, attention Ruth Townsend
- Email to: akregionalnews@HCAHealthcare.com
- Come to Alaska Regional Hospital in person.
- Alaska Regional Hospital
- Health Management Center
- 2751 DeBarr Road - Bldg B Suite 250
A consent form will be required to be signed at the health fair. Part of this consent is to have results sent to ActiveHealth Management. The results do not go to the State (R&B) or to your AETNA medical records. For more information regarding the role of ActiveHealth Management, please contact our office at 800‑821‑2251.
- NO FASTING REQUIRED! Lab work which includes a lipid panel and HbA1c does not need to be fasting – no fasting blood sugar, the HbA1c indicates Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes. These non-fasting labs have been researched and studies have shown no significant difference in fasting and non-fasting results. Physician Specialists have approved this lab profile to be appropriate as a screening to help diagnose Diabetes/Pre-Diabetes and risk for Heart Disease.
The following blood tests will be offered to AlaskaCare members to help detect potential health issues:
Chemistry & Hematology Panel
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Basic metabolic panel
- Lipid panel
- Vitamin D
- 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 12th
- Carlson Center
- 2010 2nd Ave
- 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, September 20th
- Ted Ferry Civic Center
- 888 Venetia Way