Online Benefit Education
Because our retirement benefit counselors may not visit all participating employers, the Division offers employers the option of accessing PERS retirement, TRS retirement, or other state-sponsored benefit education for their employees through your computer, while listening in via phone or conference speaker. Please complete this survey to identify your needs for online benefit education.
Our retirement benefit counselors are able to share seminar presentations or training materials in the following formats:
- PERS or TRS — The Retirement Process Seminar
- A retirement benefit counselor can present a seminar for the PERS Tier I-III members or TRS Tier I-II members of the Defined Benefit plan. Your employees will have the opportunity to learn about retirement eligibility, the retirement process, pension options, forms, timing of benefits, retiree medical, Dental-Vision-Audio (DVA) and Long Term Care (LTC) plans. Retirement benefit counselors can also cover information about the Supplemental Annuity and Deferred Compensation plans during this seminar.
- PERS or TRS — Defined Contribution Retirement Education
- A retirement benefit counselor can present a seminar or overview of the Defined Contribution plan(s), PERS Tier IV or TRS Tier III. The overview or seminar will include information on benefits attached to the Defined Contribution plans and how to access those plans online through Great-West Financial's Web site. Retirement benefit counselors can also review options of investing advisory services and when and how to withdraw funds.
- Round-Table Question and Answer Sessions
- A retirement benefit counselor can present a general overview of either the Defined Benefit plans in the PERS Tiers I-III, and TRS Tiers I-II or on the Defined Contribution plans PERS Tier IV and TRS Tier III. Retirement benefit counselors can also cover information about the Supplemental Annuity and Deferred Compensation plans. Employees are encouraged to ask questions about their benefits throughout the session.
- PERS or TRS — Individual counseling sessions
- During individual appointments, retirement benefit counselors can share information and answer employee's specific questions. Counselors can also show employees how to login to their accounts and access information from our Web site.
Please give us feedback regarding the specific needs in your work place: