Qualified Status Change
A change in your family or employment status which allows you to make changes to your coverages.
If you have a "qualified status change" during the year, you can make changes to your coverages (suject to limitations). Changes must be made within 30 days of the event. Examples of qualified status changes include the following:
- You gain or lose a dependent, through birth or adoption, marriage, divorce, or death.
- Your dependent is no longer eligible.
- Your spouse terminates employment, begins an extended period of leave or layoff without pay, or begins new employment.
- Your spouse or you change employment status from full-time to part-time or from part-time to full-time.
- Your spouse has a significant change in his or her health coverage caused by their employment.