Optional Benefits Supplemental Life
- Coverage starts
- Coverage ends
- Continuation of benefits
- Beneficiary form
Who is eligible?
All State employees except members of Public Employees Local 71.
- Premium Cards
- During first 30 days of employment.
- Within 30 days of qualified change in employment/family status.
- During the annual open enrollment period.
Assuming premiums are paid:
- First of the month following 30 days of employment if elected at hire.
- First of the month following enrollment receipt if elected following a qualified change in family or employment status.
- January 1 if elected during open enrollment.
- First of the month following return from leave without pay.
The last day of the month in which:
- Pay status ends; or
- Employment terminates; or
- Premium is paid
- May not be continued during LWOP.
- May be converted to a private policy at termination.
Optional Benefits Beneficiary Form
- Download this form on the Life Insurance forms page.