Life Insurance Overview
- Download Life Insurance brochure (ben052) [PDF 215K]
Supervisory, Confidential, Partially Exempt, Exempt and General Government employees only:
- Basic Life increases from $2,000 to $10,000
- Business Travel AD&D increases from $100,000 to $200,000
- If a member selects a Supplemental Life insurance option that, when combined with Basic Life insurance coverage, amounts to total life insurance coverage exceeding $50,000, the portion of the premiums for the coverage over $50,000 is taxable.
All others remain at current levels.
When you are hired by the State of Alaska as a long-term nonpermanent, permanent full-time or full-time seasonal employee, you are automatically enrolled in the following Group Life Plan:
Note: Part-time employees must elect health and life and pay one-half the premium to be enrolled.
- Increasing coverage
- View your options for increasing coverage.
Life Insurance Forms
- Life Insurance Forms
- Enroll or change benefits, designate beneficiaries for all life insurance plans.