Select Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
As an employee of the State of Alaska you may choose to enroll in Select Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance. Enrollment may occur at time of hire (within 30 days), or during open enrollment.
- Benefit Amount
- Coverage starts
- Coverage ends
- Continuation of benefits
- Beneficiary form
- Group term life and accidental death insurance
- Pays in a lump sum
- Annual salary rounded up to the nearest $1000 updated each July, paid regardless of cause.
- Pays double the benefit amount if death is accidental.
- Pays up to $100,000 for Supervisory and Confidential Unit employees and up to $60,000 for all others.
- Based on age and wage when hired. Updated with age and wage annually each
Enrollment is offered during your first 30 days of hire in an eligible position. After the first 30 days, you may enroll during the annual open enrollment period or within 30 days of a change in your marital or family status. Use the Basic and Select Life Insurance Enrollment or Change Form 5-301a, available on the Life Insurance forms page, to enroll.
Your coverage begins on the 31st day of work, assuming you have not taken leave without pay (LWOP). If there are breaks in coverage due to LWOP or if coverage is not elected within first 30 days, other effective dates may apply.
The last day of the month in which:
- Pay status ends; or
- Employment terminates; or
- Premium is paid
May be continued while on LWOP by paying premium to life carrier or at retirement, but premiums will increase.
May be converted to a private policy within 30 days of termination.
Basic and Select Life Insurance Enrollment or Change Form 5-301a
- Download this form on the Life Insurance forms page