Supplemental Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- The loss or removal of a limb or other part of a person.
Supplemental AD&D is part of the Optional Benefits Life Plans. If you choose to add AD&D to your Optional Benefits Life Package, you must have a minimum of $10,000 of Supplemental Life Benefits. You may also add the following to complete the plan:
- Group term accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Pays benefits if death or dismemberment is caused by an accident.
- Available for employee only or employee and family.
- Pays in a lump sum.
- If selecting AD&D, you must also have a minimum of $10,000 of Optional Benefits Life Insurance.
As of January 1, 2003, the following employees are eligible to participate in Optional Benefits:
- State employees not participating in AlaskaCare, except members of the Labor, Trades and Crafts Unit and the Correspondence Teachers Unit.
- Employees of a participating political subdivision covered under the terms of the political subdivision’s participation agreement.
- Leased employees and emergency employees hired for natural disasters are not eligible.
If family includes children:
- Employee has a full benefit amount of $100,000
- Spouse has a full benefit amount of $40,000
If family does not include children:
- Spouse has a full benefit amount of $50,000
If family includes spouse:
- Children have a full benefit amount of $5,000
If family doesn’t include spouse:
- Children have a full benefit amount of $10,000
Benefits will be paid as follows:
|For the loss of...||The plan will pay...|
|Life||Full benefit amount|
|Both eyes, feet or hands or any combination thereof||Full benefit amount|
|One eye, one foot or one hand||1/2 of full benefit amount|
|Thumb and index finger of same hand||1/4 of full benefit amount|