Open Enrollment 2014
Optional Benefits – What's New?
The 2014 benefit year for all plans has moved to the calendar year, January 1 through December 31, 2014.
Premiums are recalculated based on your age as of January 1, 2014.
- Optional Benefits 2014 Premium Card (not yet available)
- Select Life Insurance Premiums (not yet available)
- Supplemental Life under the Optional Benefits
- If a member selects a Supplemental Life insurance option that, when combined with Basic Life insurance coverage, amounts to total life insurance coverage exceeding $50,000, the portion of the premiums for the coverage over $50,000 is taxable.
Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
If you participate in the DCAP you will need to re-enroll for the upcoming benefit year. If you don’t use the funds, you lose them at the end of the benefit year. The minimum amount you may contribute under DCAP is $25 per month. The maximum amount allowed is $416 per month.
Health Trust Enrollment
If you are a member of a union health trust, you have two enrollments:
- Optional Benefits managed by the Division. Login to enroll
- Health benefit enrollment managed by your trust. Please note: Check with your trust for the appropriate benefit year. View union list
Be sure you have completed both enrollments as necessary before the enrollment deadlines.