Retiree Open Enrollment for 2014
November 4 to November 22, 2013
This Open Enrollment is offered to benefit recipients without system-paid medical and COBRA participants only.
If you are not eligible for system-paid medical or are purchasing coverage under COBRA, you may make elections during this open enrollment. An open enrollment guide and a personal Statement of Current Benefits has been mailed to all eligible retirees. During this open enrollment, you may make changes to your health coverage which will be effective January 1, 2014.
If you want to change your benefits, your Health Benefits Enrollment/Waiver form must be postmarked or received in our office by November 22, 2013.
What You Need To Do
Follow these steps:
- Review your Statement of Current Benefits for details on your current selections and the Enrollment forms for next year's premiums.
- Decide if you want to change the level of coverage you already have.
- Determine if you are eligible to add DVA coverage if you are not already enrolled or if you want to decrease the level of coverage you already have.
- Complete all desired enrollment forms and return to our office — Enrollment forms must be postmarked or received by November 22, 2013
- Complete the Retiree Health Dependent Change form to list new dependents you will be covering under any AlaskaCare Health Plan effective January 1, 2014, and return to our office.
Open Enrollment Forms
- Health Benefit Enrollment/Wavier (form ben050) [PDF 134K]
- Health Dependent Change (form 02-1854r) [PDF 223K]
- COBRA Health Enrollment (form ben011) [PDF 127K]
- Authorization for Automatic Funds Withdrawal for COBRA and Direct Bill Premiums [PDF 102K]
Customer Service Center Hours
- Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Alaska Standard Time
- Toll-Free Phone: (800) 821-2251
- Juneau Phone: (907) 465-4460
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org