Request for Proposals for
AlaskaCare Travel Administration and Coordination is Now Open
The Department of Administration (DOA), Division of Retirement and Benefits (DRB), is soliciting proposals for coordination and administration of a travel benefit for AlaskaCare members that support member’s needs when seeking care outside of their community and promotes value through demonstrable high-quality care and cost-effective services.
The Department of Administration, Division of Retirement and Benefits, is soliciting proposals from qualified and experienced firms to provide Travel Coordination and Administration services. The services are administrative only services for the state’s self-funded Medical Plan for both AlaskaCare’s active employee and non-Medicare-eligible membership (commercial plan) and for AlaskaCare’s Medicare-eligible population. This procurement is being conducted using the Best Value RFP process.
- January 30, 2018: RFP released in draft form
- February 12, 2018: Preproposal conference/educational session Webex
- March 2, 2018: Deadline for receipt of proposals
- March 15, 2018: Vendor interviews
- May 17, 2018: Notice of Intent to Award
- July 1, 2018: Contract starts, benefits begin for active employees
For more information, please contact Matthew Meienberg, Procurement Officer, at (907) 465-5658 or Matthew.Meienberg@alaska.gov