Telephones (Cisco VoIP)
How to set up a private distribution list
- Log into your voicemail account by pressing the message button on your phone and entering your password when prompted.
- At the main menu, choose option 4 (setup options).
- At the setup menu, choose option 2 (message options).
- At the message menu, choose option 4 (edit private list).
- In the Private List menu, choose option 2 (edit names).
- You will be prompted for the number of your list. You have lists 1-99 available to you. For your first list, choose 1. For subsequent lists, choose the next available number.
- The system will prompt you for an extension to add to the list. Enter the extension number and press #. It will allow you to keep entering extensions, pressing # after each one until you are done. After each number is added to the list, Unity will ask you to add another extension or press * to finish. After you have added all extensions you need, press *.
- Once you have added the extensions to the list and pressed *, you will be given a menu that lets you modify the names on the list or record a name for the list. Recording a name for the list is very useful for you to identify the list later. Choose Option 4 to record a name for the list.
- At the tone, record a name & press # when done. Unity will prompt you to either rerecord the name by pressing 1 or press * if done. Press * when you are happy with the list name.
- When Unity plays the list editing menu again, you may hang up the phone.