State of Alaska

Department of Administration

Violent Crimes Compensation Board

Alaska Department of Administration, Violent Crimes Compensation Board
Administration >  Violent Crimes Compensation Board

Violent Crimes Compensation Board

Welcome. This website has been designed so you can access basic information about our program quickly and easily.  Click on any of the tabs across the top of the page or on the sidebar for further information on a specific topic. 

“If you or someone you know has been the victim of a violent crime, we may be able to help.”


The Violent Crimes Compensation Board was established to help mitigate financial losses that are the direct result of violent crimes that occur to Alaskans and visitors to Alaska. In addition, the Board helps to foster victim advocacy and services and promotes victim recovery.

Who is Eligible to Apply?

  • Victims of violent crime in Alaska
  • Dependents and family members of homicide victims
  • Others who because of their relationship to a victim of violent crime incur certain losses

Read more detailed information on eligibility requirements.

Please note that we can only pay for medical expenses if no other form of coverage is available. Check to see if you are eligible for health care coverage under The Healthy Alaska Plan

How To Apply?

  • You can apply online using the vccbonline feature
  • You can download a paper application (pdf)
  • You can also write or call for an application form 

"How Do I Fill Out An Application" training video. (Requires Adobe Reader 9.0 or higher which you can download free from the Adobe website)

Upcoming Events

Next Board Meeting
Thursday, October 3rd, 2019
Public Session at 8:30 am
Any one wishing to participate in the Public Session must contact Pearl Younker at 1-800-764-3040 or 907-465-3040

Human Rights

The State of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or the in provision of services and complies with the provisions of the Alaska Human Rights Law AS 18.80

If you believe you have experienced discrimination on any of these bases, you may file a complaint with either the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights, or the U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Civils Rights.