Claimants must submit invoices or receipts where applicable to support their request for compensation, or estimates of costs to be incurred.
What Costs May be Paid?
- Medical care needed for victim's injuries
- Transportation to medical and counseling services
- Wages lost as a direct result of the crime injuries
- Criminal proceeding attendance costs not paid by other sources such as transportation, lodging, food, and lost wages
- Security measures such as new locks, motion lights, monitored systems, cell phone, temporary mailbox, and dog training
- Loss of support for dependents of deceased victims
- Funeral and burial costs for homicide victims
- Replacement of doors, locks and windows
What May Not Be Paid?
- Pain and suffering