Reinstate from Mandatory Insurance
When you lose your privilege to drive in Alaska for driving without insurance, the state suspends your license or privilege to drive. Your driving record will show that the state has taken action against your license. When you comply with the steps needed to get your license back, you are reinstating your driver’s license or privilege to drive.
To get your license back following the loss of your driving privileges, you need to apply for a new license at your local DMV office by completing the following steps:
- Show written proof of SR-22 Insurance.
- Pass the written and vision tests.
- Pay the reinstatement and license fees.
- Present proof of birth and identity
For acceptable documents, please see original license requirements
- If you are under 18, present parental consent
- Your parent or guardian may sign at the DMV
- Have a notarized Parent Consent Form if they won't be with you
- You may have other problems with your license, so please check with us to learn what else you may need to get your license back.
If you have questions you can call, write or visit your local DMV office.
State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
ATTN: MANDATORY INSURANCE
3901 Old Seward Highway, Suite 101
Anchorage, AK 99503