NOTICE OF PROPOSED CHANGES IN THE REGULATIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION, DIVISION OF RETIREMENT AND BENEFITS
- Regulations Public Notice [PDF 186K]
- Proposed Regulations Change [PDF 140K]
- Alaska Online Public Notice System
The Division of Retirement and Benefits proposes to amend and adopt regulation changes in Title 2 of the Alaska Administrative Code dealing with eligibility, coverage, and enrollment rules for the AlaskaCare Retiree Dental-Vision-Audio (DVA) insurance plan, including the following:
(1) 2 AAC 39.210 will be amended to include a new section that includes provisions for benefit recipients with multiple retirement accounts to elect DVA coverage under each account. Benefit recipients must select the same plan option for all accounts, though they may elect different coverage tiers for each account.
(2) 2 AAC 39.240 will be amended to remove redundant language.
(3) 2 AAC 39.260 will be amended to include new sections regarding coverage changes, new language further defining family structure changes and dependent eligibility, and a new section regarding reduction in coverage and premiums by the Division. The intended effect of these amendments and new sections is to allow members to increase coverage upon change in a dependent’s eligibility status, and to allow members to make changes in initial coverage upon enrollment for new coverage.
(4) 2 AAC 39.265 will be amended regarding open enrollment and will include a new section further detailing enrollment and coverage elections.
(5) 2 AAC 39.290 will be amended to further define the definition of administrator.
You may comment on the proposed regulation changes by submitting written comments to the Division of Retirement and Benefits at P.O. Box 110203, Juneau, AK 99811-0203, by fax at (907) 465-3086, and by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments may also be submitted through the Alaska Online Public Notice System by accessing this notice on the system and using the comment link. The comments must be received not later than 4:30 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time on September 20, 2020.
Oral comments may be submitted at a hearing to be held via WebEx on September 9, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Alaska Daylight Time. To participate, join the conference call at:
- Conference telephone number: (855) 244-8681
- Access code: 133 394 8639
- Password: 45337357
If you are a person with a disability who needs a special accommodation to participate in this process, please contact Trudy Champagne at Trudy.Champagne@alaska.gov and (907) 465-4460 not later than September 1, 2020, to ensure that any necessary accommodation can be provided.
A copy of the proposed regulation changes is available on the Alaska Online Public Notice System by contacting AlaskaCare, Division of Retirement and Benefits at P.O. Box 110203, Juneau, Alaska 99811-0203, or by visiting AlaskaCare.gov.
After the public comment period ends, the Division of Retirement and Benefits will either adopt the proposed regulation changes or other provisions dealing with the same subject, without further notice, or decide to take no action. The language of the final regulation may be different from that of the proposed regulation. You should comment during the time allowed if your interests could be affected. Written comments received are public records and are subject to public inspection.
Statutory Authority: AS 14.25.004; AS 14.25.005; AS 22.25.027; AS 39.35.004; AS 39.35.005
Statutes being implemented, interpreted, or made specific: AS 39.30.090.
Fiscal Information: The proposed regulation changes are not expected to require an increased appropriation.
The Division of Retirement and Benefits keeps a list of individuals and organizations interested in its regulations. Those on the list will automatically be sent a copy of all of the Division of Retirement and Benefits notices of proposed regulation changes. To be added to or removed from the list, send a request to the Division of Retirement and Benefits at P.O. Box 110203, Juneau, AK 99811-0203, giving your name, and either your email address or mailing address, as you prefer, for receiving notices.