PERS Service Verification

You are encouraged to periodically review your service history as shown on your annual statements or in Member Services Online to ensure it has been correctly reported to the PERS.

If any discrepancies are noted, you should contact the employer you were serving with at that time for more information. If an error has occurred, your employer will have to take action to correct your service with the PERS.

To correct service performed with a past employer, the past employer must send in a verification of your service on the approved form(s).

To correct service performed with your current employer, your employer needs to send the correction with their payroll report to the Division.

If you elected the alternate service option under Alaska Statute 39.35, to correct service performed as a non-certificated employee of a school district, please have your service verified using the following form: