State of Alaska Calendars
- State Holidays Calendar [PDF]
Frequently Asked Questions
Which calendar do I use?
The majority of State Employees are in the SEMI pay entity and will use the Standard schedule. Employees in a BIWK1, BIWK4, or AMHS pay entities will use the bi-weekly calendar; these pay entities are primarily made up of certain Alaska Marine Highway employees and Correctional Officers.
Who publishes the calendar?
The state calendar is published by the webmaster of the Division of Finance (DOF), a division of the Department of Administration. DOF's webmaster obtains data relating to holidays and payroll settlement (paydays) from schedules provided by the State Payroll Manager and will update future calendars as the information becomes available.
When are new calendars released?
Two versions of the upcoming year's calendar are typically released. The preliminary calendar is usually released in May or June as soon as the official state holidays are known. This calendar does not include warrant distribution dates. The final version of the calendar for the upcoming year is released in September or October following warrant distribution date approval.
What if I need a calendar that isn't yet available?
Contact us. We may not begin work on the initial calendar release until demand has been demonstrated. If we receive early inquiries, we will attempt to release the calendar in advance of the scheduled roll-out.
If you are simply interested in researching future dates, your computer likely provides this functionality. Windows users can double-click on their system clock (usually in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen). This will open a window from which you can select your desired month and year. Remember to click Cancel when finished to avoid resetting your clock.
I can't read the calendar. What should I do?
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader program is required to view the calendar. If you are unable to use Adobe Acrobat due to a software problem, please contact your computer support team. If you are unable to use Adobe Acrobat for another reason, please contact us with a description of your formatting requirements. We will provide the calendar in an alternate format to suit your needs.
How do I link to a calendar?
If you would prefer to link directly to a calendar rather than this page, you are welcome to do so. Links are provided below for your convenience.
- 2015 State Holidays - http://doa.alaska.gov/pdfs/calendar15-holiday.pdf [PDF]
- 2014 State Holidays - http://doa.alaska.gov/pdfs/calendar14-holiday.pdf [PDF]
- 2014 Standard Payroll Calendar - http://doa.alaska.gov/pdfs/calendar14.pdf [PDF]
- 2014 Biweekly Payroll Calendar - http://doa.alaska.gov/pdfs/calendar14biwkly.pdf [PDF]
To prevent distribution of out-of-date calendar versions, we request that actual copies of the calendar not be posted on any web site other than this one.
How do I add holidays and payroll direct deposit dates to my own calendar?
The State Calendars are provided below in iCalendar (.ics) format. These files can be imported into your Calendar client for viewing online.
- 2014 State Holidays
- 2014 State Standard Payroll Direct Deposit Dates with State Holidays
- 2014 State Biweekly Payroll Direct Deposit Dates with State Holidays
To import a calendar into Microsoft Outlook follow these steps:
- Right-click and save the .ics file that you are planning on importing to your desktop.
- In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard window, click Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs), then click Next.
- Browse to locate the folder that contains the .ics file you want to import. In the Files of type list, choose iCalendar Format.
- Click OK to add the add the calendar dates to your calendar. You may be prompted to click Import to complete the process.