The State of Alaska is publishing information from the statewide accounting system on the web. This is part of a national trend for governments to develop websites that allow constituents to view financial information in searchable formats. Such websites are widely considered to improve transparency into the financial operations of government.
Financial information that can be found on this website consists of the following details:
- Vendors and grantees to whom non-confidential payments were issued are provided in the report. Recipient information presented includes the name and location of the vendor or grantee, the purpose of the payment, and the department that issued it.
- Most payment information is aggregated by each disbursement; however, some information is aggregated based on the the expenditure type to prevent the disclosure of confidential information.
Payments from certain payment systems [PDF] have been excluded based on a confidentiality analysis performed by the Department of Law. Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) payments are not presented in Checkbook Online. Information on these annual payments is available on the PFD website.
- View Summary and Detail Reports of State Expenditures
- Agency Contacts
- Payments from payment systems flagged as confidential [PDF]
- How to access the Checkbook Online [Video]
Tips for Users
- Payment purpose is classified at various levels. Expense Category is the highest level. Each Expense Category has subcategories, and payments are recorded into Expense Types, which is the lowest level within each subcategory.
- The State's fiscal year runs from July 1st to June 30th, with year-end accruals made through August 31st.
- If you have questions about a specific payment, please inquire with the agency contact listed.
- If you have suggestions to improve this website presentation, please contact DOF management by email or at (907) 465-2240.