The Online Position Description System
The Online Position Description (OPD) system is used to submit, approve, track, view, and report on submissions for classified and partially-exempt positions. An OPD submission is a position description, position control change, or nonpermanent position request that requires department and Division of Personnel approval.
Any State of Alaska employee with SOA credentials can revise or create a submission online and forward it for approval.
- Training Materials: Powerpoint | PDF Select format for a more in-depth guide about some of the main features in the OPD system.
- User Guide (PDF): Detailed guide including screenshots of main pages of the OPD system.
- Quickstart (PDF): One page brief description of the OPD system
- IA Worflow Supervisory Only (PDF)
- OPD Submission Checklist (PDF) / OPD Submission Checklist (DOCX)
- OPD Helpful Tips (PDF)
- OPD Questionnaire Guide and Examples (PDF)
The Online Position Description system has been developed for use with Mozilla 1.6 or greater. Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater may also be used.
Support cannot be assured for older versions of these browsers or for other browsers. Contact your department's IT staff if your browser does not work properly.
If you have questions concerning the system or require assistance, please contact the appropriate Classification Staff (PDF) using the linked contact sheet.