Financial Reports are prepared for the State of Alaska by the Department of Administration, Division of Finance and include:
Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
The Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) is a detailed presentation of the state's financial condition. It reports on the state's activities and balances for each fiscal year.
The report is presented in three sections:
- Introductory section - includes the transmittal letter.
- Financial section - includes the independent auditor's report and contains management's discussion and analysis, government-wide financial statements, fund financial statements, notes to the financial statements, required supplementary information, combining financial statements, and schedules.
- Statistical section - includes additional financial, economic, and demographic information.
The report is prepared after the June 30 close of each fiscal year and is available in December. Electronic versions of the report are available back to Fiscal Year 1998 on this website.
Available Balance in the Constitutional Budget Reserve Fund
Since its creation by a vote of the people in 1990, the Constitutional Budget Reserve Fund has been used to balance the budget through appropriated borrowing which pays for general fund expenditures when revenues are insufficient. This borrowing takes two forms:
- Periodic borrowing through the year to meet the cash flow needs of the State.
- Additional deficit borrowing as the books are closed to cover any remaining revenue shortage for the fiscal year. Conversely, any general fund surplus at year-end is repaid to the Constitutional Budget Reserve Fund under Article IX, section 17(d) of the Alaska Constitution.
This spreadsheet tracks the available balance in the Constitutional Budget Reserve Fund beginning July 1, 2001. It is updated throughout the year for cash flow borrowing as it occurs, and on December 15th for the new ending balance
Checkbook Online reports are updated monthly and include State of Alaska payments issued in the current fiscal year.
Compensation & Travel Report of Executive Positions
The Compensation and Travel Report of Executive Positions is prepared after the end of each calendar year, in accordance with Alaska Statute 37.05.210, and is available online at the end of January. The report includes compensation information for salary, housing, vehicle, and other compensation paid to executive positions. The report also lists travel and relocation expenses, including travel date, transportation, lodging, meals and incidentals, conference fees, and other reimbursed expenses.
Executive positions in the Governor's Office, principal departments in the executive branch, University of Alaska, and public corporations created by law are included in the report. Current and prior year reports are available.
Payment Detail Report
Payment detail reports are updated monthly and include expenditure detail for payments made by the State of Alaska in the current fiscal year.
Statewide Cost Allocation Plan
The Statewide Cost Allocation Plan (SWCAP) contains expenditure information for allowable costs of central services agencies of the State of Alaska and is based on actual data incurred in a past fiscal year. The SWCAP is prepared annually and is released after negotiation with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.