The State of Alaska is publishing information from the statewide accounting system on the web. This is part of a national trend for governments to develop websites that allow constituents to view financial information in searchable formats. Such websites are widely considered to improve transparency into the financial operations of government.
Financial information that can be found on this website includes:
- All vendors and grantees who received at least one payment of $1,000 or more in the current fiscal year are included in the report. Individual payments of less than $1,000 are not included.
- Information presented includes the name and location of the vendor or grantee, the purpose of the payment, and the department that requested it.
- Payment information is aggregated. All payments of $1,000 or more are included, but amounts presented may be lower when payments are issued for more than one purpose.
Payments from certain payment systems [PDF] have been excluded based on a confidentiality analysis performed by the Department of Law. Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) payments are not presented in Checkbook Online. Information on these annual payments is available on the PFD website.
- View Summary and Detail Reports of State Expenditures
- Agency Contacts
- Payments from payment systems flagged as confidential [PDF]
Tips for Users
- Payment purpose is classified at various levels. Category is the highest level. Each category has subcategories, and payments are recorded into detailed account codes, which is the lowest level within each subcategory.
- The State's fiscal year runs from July to June, with year-end accruals made through August.
- If you have questions about a specific payment, please inquire with the agency contact listed.
- If you have suggestions to improve this website presentation, please contact DOF management by email or at (907) 465-2240.