Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Reinstate after DUI, Breath Test or Refusal

Reinstate after DUI, Breath Test or Refusal

When you lose your privilege to drive in Alaska for drinking and driving, the state revokes your license or privilege to drive. Your driving record will show that the state has taken some kind of action against your license. When you take the steps needed to get your license back, you are reinstating your driver's license or privilege to drive in Alaska.

To get your license back following the loss of your driving privileges, you need to apply for a new license at your local DMV office by completing the following steps:

  1. Pass the written and vision tests
  2. You may also need a road test
  3. Pay the reinstatement and license fees
  4. Proof of SR-22 Insurance
  5. Present proof of birth and identity
    For acceptable documents, please see original license requirements
  6. If you are under 18, present parental consent
    • Your parent or guardian may sign at the DMV
    • Have a notarized Parent Consent Form if they won't be with you
  7. If you were convicted in court, the steps you take will depend on several things.
  8. You may have other problems with your license, so please check with us to learn what else you may need to get your license back.

If you have questions you can call, write or visit your local DMV office.

State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 110221
Juneau AK 99811-0221
(907) 465-4361