Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Division of Motor Vehicles >  Titles


As an Alaska resident when you purchase a vehicle, you are required to transfer the vehicle into your name within 30 days of the date of sale by obtaining an Alaska title.

We will issue titles for passenger vehicles, trucks, buses, vans, motorhomes, manufactured homes, motorcycles and trailers. We do not title or register camper shells.

Please follow the New Vehicle Titles procedure. You will also use this procedure when:

  • You transfer ownership of a vehicle from another state
  • You change the conjunction on an Alaska title

Other Title Procedures

There are different procedures, if you need to change a title for the following reasons:

Other Procedures

If you do not have a Title or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO), you may need to have a vehicle inspector complete Verification of Vehicle (Form 811)

If the vehicle you are titling also requires registration, please also visit: Registration Information

Boats, ATV's and snowmachines do not require titles. They do require registration, please visit: Registration Information

Titles Index

Basic Title Information

Special Titles or Ownership Changes

Vehicle Dealer Information

Reference Information