HR Update - FY 21 Issue 02
Issue Date: October 21, 2020
In This Issue
- Training and Development Changed Name to Learning and Development
- Upcoming Changes to Learning and Development
Training and Development Changed Name to Learning and Development
By Learning and Development
As part of many changes that you will see coming Training and Development has chosen to change our name to Learning and Development.
This name change is to better reflect our renewed focus on how to meet employee learning needs to better assist with overall learning and career growth.
Upcoming Changes to Learning and Development
By Learning and Development
Learning and Development(L&D) staff are currently hard at work on a variety of projects to update training, implement some new processes, and working toward implementation of an enterprise wide Learning Management System (LMS) that can be used by all departments.
While these projects are ongoing, trainer availability for special sessions are restricted. Information on booking custom Team Building Courses can be found on the L&D Intranet (SOA only).
L&D Intranet Updates
The changes coming are exciting and huge. To that extent L&D has developed and will constantly be adding information to a L&D Intranet (SOA only).
During this time flexibility is definitely the current state of any projects moving forward. In order to meet changing goals or priorities we often have to pivot and adjust plans as we continue to move forward. It is therefore recommended you:
- Bookmark/Favorite the intranet address.
- Examine the list of training that is currently available.
- Whenever you visit the site, read the “Latest News” section first.
- Share the L&D Intranet site with your staff and other supervisors and suggest they do the same.
The front page of the intranet has some key headings such as what training is available now, latest news and important information.
Some other areas you may want to visit on the site include:
- About changes
- Tracks and modules
- Custom Sessions
Important Upcoming Changes
These are key points about future changes. You can get more detail in the About Changes section of the Intranet. All are subject to change so check the latest news.
- Valuing Diversity, Workplace Civility and other online classes are under development and their availability will be noted on the L&D Intranet.
- Virtual course development that will allow learners to plan, take and complete courses based on individualized learning and application paths to build a career.
- Learning system allowing supervisors to assign and track training in the LMS.
- OIT secured some great technical training on various Microsoft courses available to all SOA employees until the end of 2020. Visit the Microsoft Training Link on the L&D intranet page for more information.
- A new Academy for Supervisors course based on one year of learning, coaching, proficiency development and on the job application.
- Training strategies concentrating on Anytime, Anywhere and Learning through Application – not just learning.
- Enhanced tools for developing performance, teams, and leadership.
- New training content and ways to learn.
- Ability for all departments to utilize the LMS.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin