New Employee Orientation
Last Updated: October 2013
Welcome to the State of Alaska
As a new employee of the State of Alaska, you join a team of dedicated people who work to serve the people of our state. We hope that this orientation will be a valuable resource in helping you to get started in understanding work rules and procedures, provide you with the resources you need, as well as guide you through the orientation process.
If at any time during this orientation you have questions about the material being presented, please contact your supervisor or the Employee Call Center at 465-3009. Call Center office hours are 8:00 - 5:00, Monday through Friday. You can also email the Employee Call Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is available as an overview of the organizational structure of state employment and the missions and measures for each department. You may wish to review the information on the department for which you have been hired. This is informational only and can be reviewed at any time.
Please read the following.
- Where Do I Fit In?
- Department Mission and Service
- Commerce, Community, & Economic Development
- Education and Early Development
- Environmental Conservation
- Fish and Game
- Health and Social Services
- Labor and Workforce Development
- Military and Veterans Affairs
- Natural Resources
- Public Safety
- Transportation & Public Facilities
The following information should be reviewed prior to completion of forms.
- New Employee Responsibility (Use as a guide to complete NEO)
- New Employee General Information
- Insurance Enrollment Information
- Retirement Information
- New Employee Orientation Forms (PRINT FORMS AND COMPLETE)
- Resources and Policies
- Report to Supervisor /Administrative Staff with completed forms for department orientation.
We hope that you will find your State employment productive and rewarding. If you have any questions regarding these materials, please contact your supervisor. You can also call or email the Employee Call Center at 465-3009 or email@example.com.