New Employee Orientation
Welcome to the State of Alaska
As a new employee of the State of Alaska, you join a team of dedicated people who work to serve the people of our state. We are confident that you too will serve the public well. We hope that this orientation will be a valuable resource in helping you to get started in understanding work rules and procedures, provide you with the resources you need, as well as guide you through the orientation process.
If at any time during this orientation you have questions about the material being presented, please contact your supervisor or the Employee Call Center at 465-3009 for assistance. The Employee Call Center is available to help you through this process. Call Center office hours are 8:00 - 5:00, Monday through Friday. If calling from a 269- or 451- prefix, please dial 9-465-3009, otherwise you will need to dial 9-1-907-465-3009. You can also email the Employee Call Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is available as an overview of the organizational structure of state employment and the missions and measures for each department. You may wish to review the information on the department for which you have been hired. This is informational only and can be reviewed at any time.
Please read the following.
- Where Do I Fit In?
- Introduction to Alaska State Government
- State of Alaska Organization Chart
- Department Information
- Commerce, Community, & Economic Development
- Education and Early Development
- Environmental Conservation
- Fish and Game
- Health and Social Services
- Labor and Workforce Development
- Military and Veterans Affairs
- Natural Resources
- Public Safety
- Transportation & Public Facilities
The following information should be printed and reviewed prior to completion of forms. There are numerous links throughout this orientation. You will need to review the information on line, as well as by hard copy.
- New Employee Responsibility (PRINT and use as a guide to complete NEO)
- New Employee General Information (PRINT AND REVIEW)
- Insurance Enrollment Information (PRINT AND REVIEW)
- Report to Supervisor /Administrative Staff with completed forms for department orientation.
We hope that you will find your State employment productive and rewarding. If you have any questions regarding these materials, please contact your supervisor or the Employee Call Center at 465-3009 for assistance. You can also email the Employee Call Center at email@example.com.