State of Alaska, Department of Administration, Division of Personnel and Labor Relations

Duplicate W-2 Request for Current and Prior Years

Requests for W-2 reprints for Executive Branch employees should be directed to the Employee Call Center, which can be reached by phone at 465-3009, by fax at 465-6624, or by email at For the Office of the Governor, the Legislative Branch and the Judicial Branch, please contact your Human Resources office for W-2 reprints.

Between February 1 and April 15, all requests for the previous year’s W-2 reprints will be processed and forwarded to Division of Finance the same day they are received by the Employee Call Center. The Division of Finance will make every effort to respond within 24 to 48 hours. After April 15, all W-2 requests will be printed and processed within three workdays. All reprints will be either physical mailed or emailed from the Division of Finance. Please be aware that the State of Alaska is only required to keep W-2s for the current tax season plus the last four years. The Employee Call Center is able to provide taxable gross amounts and tax amounts withheld for prior years from the AKPAY payroll system, but will not be able to place a request for W-2s for earlier than the current tax season plus four years. If you need a copy of a W-2 the State of Alaska no longer has on file, you can request one from the IRS. According to their website the IRS will only be able to provide copies for the last ten filing years, and there is a fee associated with requesting a physical copy from the IRS.

The mailing address for W-2 forms is the address in the payroll system effective in mid-January. To change your address in the payroll system, you will need to submit a signed Address Authorization Form, which can be found online at the Division of Personnel's HR forms page. A signature is required for our employees' protection, as sensitive financial and other personal information will be sent to the address provided.