Workforce Planning and Development
The Workforce Planning and Development initiative is the result of numerous activities and a “rethinking” on the part of the Division of Personnel and Labor Relations, and other SOA government agencies and entities. The goal of EPIC is to make information available in a usable format that provides a statistical basis for collaborative decision making between State of Alaska departments and the Division of Personnel and Labor Relations.
The Workforce Planning and Development (WFD) initiative represents a move from “red tape to results” and focuses on providing information, through various reporting mechanisms and other resources, such as training, management consulting, and coaching, to enable individuals and employers to successfully compete in today's economy and achieve economic and workforce security.
EPIC's role and scope within the WFD program is to establish awareness of the value of Workforce Development through reports, statistical analyses, newsletters, and various other publications and to assist SOA leadership in determining the workforce trends that will impact the State.
- Annual State of Alaska Workforce Profile
- Introduction to Workforce Planning: A Quick Reference for Supervisors and Managers
- Environmental Scan and SWOT Analysis
- Succession Planning in State of Alaska Agencies
- Succession Planning Model
- Workforce Planning Desk Reference and Guide
- Knowledge Transfer in State of Alaska Agencies
- HR Update (monthly newsletter)